THE BIG ANIMAS SUMMER PICNIC!
Sunday 5th August
ITALIAN WATER GARDENS, LANCASTER GATE.
The Big Animas Summer Picnic is a very casual and fun affair - with no formal entertainment or agenda!
Everyone is welcome to join bring your friends, family, kids and dogs. The more the merrier! Bring your own picnic contributions and enjoy a fun relaxed day out with the Animas community.
NEAREST LONDON UNDERGROUND STATION:
- Lancaster Gate on the Central Line is a 2 min walk from the picnic spot (Hyde Park station is MUCH further away so don't go there unless you fancy a long walk!)
Italian Water Gardens in Hyde Park
- It's super easy to find the spot from Lancaster Gate Station!
- Turn left out of Lancaster Gate station and walk for a few seconds until you reach the traffic lights/crossing
- Cross over the road at the traffic lights and you will be in front of the entrance to the park at Westbourne Gate
- Walk up the steps and you'll see Buckhill Gate Lodge on your right
- Turn quick right then left - then off the path walk towards the fenced-off playground ahead of you - the fountains/ cafe/toilets will be on your right
- We will be pitched up just to the right of the playground near the trees
- We'll be there from 12.30pm until 5ish!
- If you are on Foundations you can still join us on your lunch
- You're welcome to drop by and stay until whenever is good for you - so there's no need to worry about being late or having to leave early!
WHAT TO BRING:
- The picnic is not being catered so just feel free to just bring anything you fancy nibbling and sipping on - a blanket to sit on - anything to make you comfy - and fun things like frisbees...
- There are deck chairs for hire near the picnic spot (see photo with all the details)
- Everyone is welcome so feel free to bring partners, kids, dogs etc!
IF IT RAINS (dare I say it):
- If it's been raining all morning and looks like it's not stopping - then, of course, the picnic won’t be going ahead. I think you’ll agree that doesn’t sound like much fun for anyone!
- If it’s dry all morning but starts to rain at any point during the picnic, we will aim to take cover nearby and see if it passes...if it continues we will move to the Swan pub by Lancaster Gate station and will post an update here and in the Lounge.
OTHER USEFUL INFO
- The Italian Gardens Cafe is very close to the picnic spot for hot/cold drinks/snacks/ice creams etc
- There are some good toilets right next to this cafe - and you need 20p (or 2 x10p) to access them
Looking forward to seeing you all there, spread the word! :-)